you do not have to be skinny to view this blog, the title is for coolness only

i am a seventeen year old girl living in melbourne. i go to a rare school that allows me to do three fashion subjects which is mad cool. i do my best to make the most of every moment and try to push myself outside of my comfort zone, gosh i hate that word. screw smoking and sleeping around, i don't want the clap or tuberculosis. i am happy with my health, my friends, my fam, cat and tidy light blue bedroom with roses and leather on the walls. i admire russell brand's charisma, justin bieber's voice, t-pain in general and my cat bok choy for being so flexible that he can lick his own privates. oh and my name's karista

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Calling all Cadets!

i am going absolutely crazy for this season's edgy earthy tones, shapes, textures and ANGLES! its the angles that do it for me with the square-ish sleeveless army jackets and big point sophisticated shoulders all over the catwalks. i just hope the whole camouflage print doesn't show up in stores anytime soon, that i think would be taking it too far.. reminds me of my supre days when i was 13, ergh! do not want to revisit those memories
the box shape of the jacket gives it an 'im in charge around here' feel, and the layering over the skirt is great, i think. and would everybody please jump over the 'all skirts must be high-waisted and over the top!' phase, it doesnt aaalways have to be this way.
also, the sudden black peep-toes pack a serious punch of statement and authority. those sunglasses are to die for, the shape is so futuristic and pioneer.. and again with the sharp angles, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment