you do not have to be skinny to view this blog, the title is for coolness only

i am a seventeen year old girl living in melbourne. i go to a rare school that allows me to do three fashion subjects which is mad cool. i do my best to make the most of every moment and try to push myself outside of my comfort zone, gosh i hate that word. screw smoking and sleeping around, i don't want the clap or tuberculosis. i am happy with my health, my friends, my fam, cat and tidy light blue bedroom with roses and leather on the walls. i admire russell brand's charisma, justin bieber's voice, t-pain in general and my cat bok choy for being so flexible that he can lick his own privates. oh and my name's karista

Sunday, June 6, 2010

howl at the Half Moon, Ah-oooh!

This style of manicure has been a craze of mine for years now. I'm not sure I will ever get over it. 
I adore the idea of the alternative to the exaggerated tips. The half moon mani does just the same but instead, enhances and exaggerates the natural white arch that appears at the beds of your nails.
It's genius yet so simple. I never knew this until I googled images of the look but Dita Von Teese is apparently quite famous for her nails which in every picture I see of her, she got da moons bro!

So that is a tad disappointing that it can't be my thing when I'm famous but that's alright. I hope to be famous for a little more than a manicure in my lifetime, anyway.  

Hear are some examples of the howling sexy Half Moon:
big classic black and white

Dita and her iconic fingertips or should i say 'nailbeds'

looks like Dior, but I'm not sure

as you can see, red and white is popular..
and this one has tips too, which I like.

plum and white, lovely. 

Personally, I think the best colour combinations are the contrasting ones 
eg. dark vs light. It's up to you though, whatever takes your fancy pants.


These are the stickers for DIYs. I've never seen them in stores which is annoying but I kind of just attempt to make my own out of masking tape which usually turns out surprisingly successful. 

So go on and give it a go, it is so much more interesting than just plain tips and it will earn you many compliments as long as it doesn't look like you did  the job blindfolded. 

Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment