you do not have to be skinny to view this blog, the title is for coolness only

i am a seventeen year old girl living in melbourne. i go to a rare school that allows me to do three fashion subjects which is mad cool. i do my best to make the most of every moment and try to push myself outside of my comfort zone, gosh i hate that word. screw smoking and sleeping around, i don't want the clap or tuberculosis. i am happy with my health, my friends, my fam, cat and tidy light blue bedroom with roses and leather on the walls. i admire russell brand's charisma, justin bieber's voice, t-pain in general and my cat bok choy for being so flexible that he can lick his own privates. oh and my name's karista

Thursday, July 8, 2010

___Celebrities + their Starbucks, Shades & Cells___

It is the typical image that we are so used to seeing in the glossy tabloids and all over the internet. When they've just been to the gym or are out n' about to grab some coffee, they always tend to posses the following; their giant sunglasses (as an attempt to hide from the paps), handbag on their arm, and a phone in their hand with a cup of starbucks in the other (although sometimes in the same hand, that's impressive). I wonder if they realise that 100s of pictures are being snapped of them stepping out of a cafe while their long messy center-parted hair hangs down the sides of their famed faces as they glance at their mobiles. Clever designers Dean & Dan Caten for Dsquared, came up with their Ready-To-Wear show last year using these female celebs as inspiration for their designs and even teaming their carelessly stylish outfits with actual starbucks drinks and even got the models to hold sleek mobile phones as they marched down the runway. I reckon it's genius, I marveled at the sight of those looks on the runway. I only discovered this yesterday when I stayed up 'til all sorts of hours into the night finding myself admiring that CBF style of Ashley Olsen, Mischa Barton, Sasha Pivovarova, Nicole Richie and Erin Wasson.






These photos make me wanna start drinking coffee to go. 
Seriously, I think ima try it out. 

Not sure we have Starbucks here in Australia which is a bummer, but hopefully Gloria Jeans or Coffee Club will come close enough according to the cool-o-meter.
      

1 comment:

  1. But we do have starbucks in Australia..?
    they're everywhereeeeee xo

    ReplyDelete